Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sweet potato cookies



I was browsing on Pinterest the other night and came across something that sounded so simple and so tasty I knew I had to try it!  However, I felt that the original recipe was a little lacking, so I added to it.  Here is my recipe below.  Be forewarned though, these have no sugar, so they really aren't at all sweet (especially if you're used to sugary/sweet things) but if you are eliminating sugar from your diet like I am and have a craving for a dessert/snack, this has a great cake-like consistency and will help curb a craving.


  • 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
  • 3 tablespoons almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and drop rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, flattening them out a little.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Cool on a wire cooling rack.

Makes approximately 15 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment