Monday, April 30, 2012

Meat muffins



I've got a freezer full of grass fed ground beef, which is kind of awesome, but you kind of get into a rut with what to do with it.  Using this recipe as a base, I added on to it with what I had.  This isn't very pretty but it comes together quick, stores easily and is a super quick protein addition.


  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4-1/2 cup almond meal (my ground beef was really wet, so I needed 1/2 cup to keep it all together, but you may use less depending on how yours is)
Preheat oven to 375 and grease 2 standard size muffin pans

In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until combined.  Drop equal amounts into the pan and bake for 15-25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.  An easy way to take these out is just to grab them with some tongs and put them on a cooling rack over a plate so they can drain.  

Makes approximately 18 muffins.

PS-These are dog approved too!  I came back and noticed 2 were missing, but neither of my animals owned up to the theft.

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed out loud at the PS at the bottom. Hilarious.

    BTW, I made these tonight (with Bison) and halved the recipe. I kept the 1 egg though and the meat was a bit wet. I just spooned the mixture into the muffin tin and it cooked/formed just fine.

    ReplyDelete