I've got a freezer full of grass fed ground beef, which is kind of awesome, but you kind of get into a rut with what to do with it. Using this recipe as a base, I added on to it with what I had. This isn't very pretty but it comes together quick, stores easily and is a super quick protein addition.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond meal (my ground beef was really wet, so I needed 1/2 cup to keep it all together, but you may use less depending on how yours is)
Preheat oven to 375 and grease 2 standard size muffin pans
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until combined. Drop equal amounts into the pan and bake for 15-25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. An easy way to take these out is just to grab them with some tongs and put them on a cooling rack over a plate so they can drain.
Makes approximately 18 muffins.
PS-These are dog approved too! I came back and noticed 2 were missing, but neither of my animals owned up to the theft.