The other night I was supposed to have a Skpe dinner date with my primal eating buddy, Sarah, but work interfered and our dinner was postponed. So this afternoon, after realizing I didn't have anything for lunch, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to make it. The original recipe can be found here, my adaptation is below.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/4-1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes, sliced thinly (I have a giant jar of marinated tomatoes from Costco, I just counted out 20 and used the liquid that came off of it as well)
- 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of olives, sliced in half (I used pitted kalamata olives)
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1T dried basil
- 1T dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large baking dish (my big rectangular Pyrex dish fit the chicken perfectly) arrange the chicken. Season with EVOO, salt, pepper, basil and parsley on both sides. Top with the garlic slices and spread an even layer of the tomatoes, mushrooms and olives.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
UPDATE: Okay, so I just enjoyed a piece, and while it was pretty tasty, I feel like it was lacking a little flavor. If you've got some artichoke hearts on hand, definitely toss those in the mix too.