Who doesn't love sitting down to a hearty breakfast of pancakes, eggs and sausage? Unfortunately, prepared sausage is usually made with unhealthy meats and the prepacked stuff is loaded with sodium, so, why not make your own? It is super simple, super cheap and super easy, and with you controlling the ingredients, you can make it as good as you want.
Turkey sausage patties (serves 5 @ 3 1-ounce patties each)
- 1 lb ground turkey (make sure you use ground turkey, not ground turkey breast, because the breast meat is so lean it won't have enough moisture)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, and, using a small scoop if you have one (the one I have is about an ounce), form into small patties. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes (because they are small they cook up quickly) or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.
Freeze any leftovers.
I was very happy with how these came out, just the right amount of spice and tons of flavor!