Saturday, October 17, 2009

More oatmeal

I just wrote a blog about oatmeal in August, but I am currently IN LOVE with my latest concoction, so had to share.

First off, oatmeal really is a near perfect meal! It has fiber, protein, it's good for you, fills you up way longer then regular cereal, and not to mention, tasty.

  • 1 serving (1/2 cup) Country Choice Organic Multi Grain Quick Cooking Oats
  • 1 cup soymilk (or whatever milk you use, I find it comes out creamier then if you cook it with water)
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 TB brown sugar (not an exact measurement, but it's probably around that)
  • 1 TB peanut butter
Combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.

Serve in a bowl and top with a tablespoon or so of your favorite jam. I used sugar free raspberry jam.

AMAZING.

1 comment:

  1. One of the food blogs I read, she always eats oatmeal with dash, cinnamon, and almond butter then adds a fruit. And more recently she adds pumpkin butter... www.eatliverun.com
    I'm so picky about my oats! They have to be steelcut, cannot be mushy and I only eat it with a sprinkle of brown sugar. Boring, I know!

    ReplyDelete