Skillet Pizza Dough (makes 1 serving dough-I did the whole wheat version)
- 3/4 Cup lukewarm water
- 1 TB active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 Cups flour (for whole wheat, use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour)
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
Using a stand mixer, mix the flour and salt at low speed. Mix in the yeast mixture and EVOO until a shaggy dough forms. Switch to the dough hook attachment and mix at medium speed until a ball forms and the dough is smooth, about 6 minutes.
Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise for about 2 hours or until doubled in size. When you are ready to use the dough, punch it down.
Now for the pizza part!
Grease a cast iron skillet and transfer the dough, and spread it out in the skillet. Let rise for another 20-30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and top however you like, and bake it for approximately 20 minutes. Let pizza sit in the skillet for about 10 minutes after removing it from the oven.
BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloin or chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- BBQ sauce of your choice (about 1/4-1/2 cup)
- Sliced red onion
- Cheese (I used mozzarella and 5 cheese Italian)
Top pizza dough with the remaining BBQ sauce, add the cheese, red onion and chicken
Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.