Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More fun with smoothies

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I am a firm believer in that! I never leave home without breakfast. And I know a lot of people are in such a rush to get out the door in the morning, they often don't stop to make a quick snack.

Well, this is perfect for you!

Chocolate Banana Smoothie:

1 cup chocolate milk (I use Trader Joes chocolate soy milk)
1 small banana cut up
3 tablespoons protein powder (I use Shaklee soy protein powder in vanilla)

Add ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.

You can also add some flax seed or flax oil if you have it on hand.

Also, for the workout folks out there, a recent study shows that chocolate milk (or regular milk) has the optimal ratio of protein and carbs for a post-workout replenishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment