Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oatmeal


Sometimes when you want a healthy, filling breakfast and don't feel like cooking eggs, instead of reaching for cereal, why not go for oatmeal?

I have in my cupboard Country Choice Organic Quick Oats and I love how versatile oatmeal can be. Instead of going for the flavored, full of sugar, instant oatmeal, so what I do and go through your fridge and pantry to see what you've got on hand!

(Serves 1):
  • 1/2 Cup quick oats
  • 1 cup water (I use 1/2 C water and 1/2 C soymilk)
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 TB brown sugar
  • Dash of agave nectar (I'm not sure how much I use, I just squeeze a dollop in there)
Stir ingredients and bring to a boil and mix for 3-5 minutes. Boiling the oats and liquid together adds a creamier texture.

Top with your fruit of choice (I had raspberries and blueberries on hand).

You've got yourself a filling, nutritious breakfast!

1 comment: