Well, I was bored the other day and finally decided to give into the fad that is chocolate covered bacon! And since I don't want to spend like $5 for a 1/4 pound, I did something with the mound of chocolate I've had since Christmas.
- 6 slices of bacon (I think if you can find a thick cut at your local deli it will be even better then the store brand, vac-sealed package I used, but it's what I had on hand and it worked)
- Chocolate (I tried the double boiler method but think it got too hot too quick, the chocolate came out horrible, so I had a bag of chocolate chips I just threw into the microwave)
- Bake the bacon on parchment paper at 375 for 15-20 minutes (depending on your desired level of crispiness). Cool on pan for 5 minutes. I broke mine in half for easier dipping.
- Melt the chocolate until a creamy consistency
- Once the chocolate is melted and bacon is slightly cooled and the grease is blotted off, simply dip to coat in chocolate.
- Place on wax or parchment paper and put in fridge until chocolate is hard.