Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Super rich, chocolately paleo pudding



I was talking to Hillary, my CrossFit coach this morning and she told me about the pudding she recently made with avocados in it.

I know what you're thinking.  Avocados?  In pudding?

However, I've seen several variations of recipes floating around the web for this, and since I had 1.5 avocados (the other half was put in a smoothie this morning) that were destined for the trash the next day because they were so ripe, I set out in search of a solution.

Here is the link to the original recipe, my variation is below.

  • 1-2 ripe avocados.  Like, super ripe, skin is black and a little mushy and you are contemplating throwing them out because you didn't use them in time.
  • 2-3T dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 2-3T honey (depending on your level of sweetness)
  • Dash of vanilla extract
  • 1/4-1/2C of coconut milk
In a food processor, combine the avocados, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla and blend until smooth.  Gradually add in coconut milk until your level of desired consistency is met.  I probably added a little over 1/4 cup, and it came out nice and thick and creamy.

This is a very rich pudding, so a little will go along way if you are craving something chocolate :)  Also, it is so thick that it makes a great dip for fruit!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen recipes using avocado and I'm always so skeptical. I LOVE avocados, I LOVE chocolate...but together??? I may have to try this [especially since I tend to forget about an avocado or two in the fridge!]

    ReplyDelete