Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anything goes slaw


Just like the title says, anything goes for this dish.  I picked up a head of cabbage from the store and when my original recipe didn't quite work out, I played the "let's scavenge in the fridge" to come up with a dish.

First, assemble your ingredients.  I used:
  • 1/2 head purple cabbage (about 3-4 cups)
  • 1 large cooked, diced chicken breast (about 1-2 cups)
  • 1 diced mango
  • 1 diced granny smith apple
  • Chopped sundried tomatoes (about 1/4 cup)
  • Blueberries


Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.  For the dressing, I just used equal parts of extra virgin olive oil and blueberry pomegranate vinegar.  I thought about adding a little bit of honey but the mangoes and blueberries added just the right amount of sweet, and the cabbage and apples gave just the right amount of crunch.

This will make about 5-6 servings as a side (I'm guessing, really didn't measure it out, as usual!)

No comments:

Post a Comment