Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sweet potato fries



Lazy blogger here...I've been cooking, I just haven't been cook/blogging, but this was worthy of a post :)

First, lets talk nutrition.  These babies are loaded with it!  Excellent source of Vitamin A, packed with Vitamin C, lots of fiber and low on calories.  Sounds like a win!

And sometimes, a recipe doesn't have to be complex to be delicious, as is the case with this.

Sweet Potato Fries:

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  • Peel and evenly slice 1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on size, my two yielded about 6 ounces).  I tried to use the cool french fry slicer I bought a while back but there was no way that was going to go through these thick potatoes, so I got out the knife and all was good.
  • Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and in a bowl, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the sliced potatoes (maybe about a tablespoon).
  • Arrange in layers on the baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt.
  • Bake for about 15 minutes and flip, bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the outside of the potatoes are crunchy.
  • Serve immediately and enjoy!
I LOVED these!  I didn't quite bake them long enough, as they were a little mushy, but super simple to make and super tasty, they will definitely have a place in the meal rotation.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love sweet potato fries! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete