So several months ago I made this recipe and it came out super amazing, except I added too much coconut oil and didn't let it cool before I tried to take it out of the pan, and it ended up a soggy mess. Delicious, but messy.
My sweet tooth has been making a comeback and I wanted to give it another go, but I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand, so I made do with what I could, and the end result was still delicious, especially slathered with some coconut butter. It was just a tad dry for my liking, so keep an eye on how long you bake it.
Banana Chia Bread
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder (disclaimer: I totally cheated and used cornstarch, only because 1) I only have a small amount of arrowroot powder and 2) arrowroot powder is expensive!! If you use cornstarch, it's an even equivalent)
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2-3 bananas, mashed (the riper the better! I used 2 and it gave me a cup. The bread came out just a little dry for my liking, so go ahead and add another banana if you want)
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together then pour into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack for at least an hour before removing.