Call it what you want, fancy meatloaf, bunless burger, but like many others, I call it meatza. Very simple, get yourself some meat, some veggies and anything else you want and assemble. Below is my recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef (I used an organic 80/20 that I got from Costco)
- Your choice of seasoning (I did garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Montreal steak seasoning, a little bit of salt, and a few sprinkles of shaved parmesan cheese)
- Mix seasoning in with beef and spread out into an 8x8 baking dish (I didn't have one that was clean so I used a rectangular dish)
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes, then stick under the broiler (on hi) for a few minutes until it is cooked to your desired doneness and set aside while you work on your toppings.
You could really use anything you wanted, but I did the following:
- 8 ounce package of white mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- Handful of spinach, shredded
- Minced garlic
- Double cream gouda cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese
The combination of coconut oil and red onion made it just sweet enough to give it a really pleasant flavor, plus, you can't go wrong with mushrooms, beef and cheese!
Serves 4 (or two if you're really hungry)