Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meatza!



Call it what you want, fancy meatloaf, bunless burger, but like many others, I call it meatza.  Very simple, get yourself some meat, some veggies and anything else you want and assemble.  Below is my recipe.


Base
  • 1 pound ground beef (I used an organic 80/20 that I got from Costco)
  • Your choice of seasoning (I did garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Montreal steak seasoning, a little bit of salt, and a few sprinkles of shaved parmesan cheese)
  • Mix seasoning in with beef and spread out into an 8x8 baking dish (I didn't have one that was clean so I used a rectangular dish)
  • Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes, then stick under the broiler (on hi) for a few minutes until it is cooked to your desired doneness and set aside while you work on your toppings.








    Toppings
    You could really use anything you wanted, but I did the following:
    • 8 ounce package of white mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
    • 1/4 red onion sliced thin
    • Handful of spinach, shredded
    • Minced garlic
    • Double cream gouda cheese
    • Shaved parmesan cheese
    In a pan melt some butter and coconut oil (I probably used a tablespoon total) and saute the garlic, mushrooms and red onion until the onions start to caramelize and the mushrooms are tender.   Top the beef with the mushroom, garlic and onions and saute the spinach until wilted then add to the rest.  Top with cheese and bake at 450 for 5-10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted)

    The combination of coconut oil and red onion made it just sweet enough to give it a really pleasant flavor, plus, you can't go wrong with mushrooms, beef and cheese!

    Serves 4 (or two if you're really hungry)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment